on Little Waddon Vineyard
‘The Hide‘ is a truly romantic hideaway nestled in a quiet corner of an English Vineyard and comes with your own Shepherd’s Hut, Cabin, Shower room and you can also book your own Private Wood Fired Hot Tub for two
Everything you see in the photos is for your own exclusive use – no neighbours, no sharing – just you and a beautiful vineyard!
A perfect place to relax in a romantic setting for two with views across the valley and out to the sea
Enjoy beautiful sunsets over the vines while you’re soaking in your own private wood fired hot tub
‘The Hide’ is all your own space – Shepherd’s Hut, Cabin, Shower-room, Fire-Pit – and you can also book your own Wood Fired Hot Tub
You’re surrounded by woodland and farmland with a vineyard right in front of you – a private space perfect for 2 adults
This is a unique and rare opportunity to stay on an English Vineyard located in an AONB on Dorset’s Jurassic Coast and we leave you a complimentary bottle of our sparkling wine as a gift for your stay 🙂
– The Shepherd’s Hut – is warm and comfortable and has a lovely atmosphere. Decorated in neutral colours, it feels like a serene space as soon as you walk in. Fitted with mains lighting and sockets, The hut is heated by a little wood-burner to make your evenings cosy and romantic, and a basket of wood is supplied. There are plenty of candles in the room if electric lamps aren’t wanted. The bed is a very comfortable with a memory foam mattress. The bed linen is a lovely white cotton with soft touch quilt and pillows, and a couple of cosy handy throws for those colder evenings. We provide a lavender sleep spray and room diffuser for use during your stay along with a portable lamp, hooks & baskets, for storage and cupboard space – aesthetics and comfort in mind – this is up market glamping!
– The Cabin – Inside the cabin is a kitchen and indoor seating area. The kitchen is well equipped with enamelware, all your utensils, pots and pans, cutlery, glassware etc. A great little fridge, a two ring electric hob with a whistling kettle, toaster and a sink with hot water. We supply Tea towels, cleaning kit, Tea bags etc.
There’s a 2 seater leather sofa in front of the wood-burner – perfect for a cosy night in front of the fire and we supply a basket of wood for the wood burner. The wood burner even has a small bread oven which is great for a slow cook meal. There are electric lights and lamps, candle holders, room spray and diffuser, books, walking maps and games compendium. Double doors open out on to the deck which is a great area for sitting out and enjoying the beautiful views and evening sunsets
– The Shower Room – There’s a separate warm and cosy shower room tucked on the back of the cabin which has an electric shower, basin with hot and cold water, toilet, shelving, wooden seat and a lovely heated towel rail. We provide shower body wash, hand wash and hand cream, room diffuser and room spray
– The Wood Fired Hot Tub – and shelter with decking and seating – perfect for evenings under the stars – facing west for those evening sunsets. A beautiful cedar clad two person hot tub which will be cleaned and filled with fresh water ready for your arrival along with a crate of wood with everything you need to light your very own wood fired hot tub. Available all year round it also includes two bath robes and two hot tub towels. There’s an extra charge of £50 to book this facility. This one off charge is for the duration of your stay
– The Fire Pit – Outside the Shepherd’s Hut is a hand forged cooking tripod and grill. Wood is provided for this together with a set of BBQ tools and skillet pans for a great cook out. There are a couple of large tree trunks for seating and if you prefer to cook on gas there is a gas BBQ on the decking of the hot tub
The Hide has an ‘off grid’ feel as there are no TV’s, radios, microwaves or WI-FI – but there is good 4G from across the valley
It’s a great way to live simply for a few days – of course with a sprinkle of luxuries!
Little Waddon Vineyard has a no pet or children policy
You’ll be staying on Little Waddon Vineyard which is a boutique little a working vineyard set amongst neighbouring farmland sitting on a gentle south facing slope, with views of the sea beyond Chesil beach. This is the Jurassic Coast in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It’s located in the same valley as Abbotsbury Sub-Tropical Gardens so benefits from this unique micro climate. On a lovely summer’s day it could easily be the South of France! Little Waddon Vineyard has a beautifully wild quality about it, surrounded by native tree species and abundant wildlife. This fantastic growing habitat (terroir) is a loam soil on Kimmerage clay over chalk, which provides a wonderful environment for the vines to thrive. In short it’s perfectly suited for growing pesticide free grapes in a nature friendly and sustainable way x
Watch the woodpeckers swooping through the vines, the amazing swallows feeding off the insects above the vines in the summer, the pheasants feeding on the land and slowly going up to roost in the evening, the bat air display at dusk, and our resident owls calling in the evenings all year round!
This is all your own space on an English Vineyard – a very unique place to stay- you have your very own corner of the vineyard to yourselves – privately situated and perfect for a romantic getaway
You are free to wander the Vineyard which is very beautiful and pesticide free!
Free parking in the vineyard car park – you have a reserved car space
Other things to note..
The wood fired hot tub has an extra charge of £50 to cover the hot tub which will be cleaned and filled with fresh water – ready for you to light during your stay with a crate of wood, firelighting kit, bath robes and hot tub towels. We will go through the lighting process with you when you arrive and leave you with some written instructions 🙂
This small extra charge doesn’t reflect this amazing facility x
See the gallery below to get a feel of this incredible space
you can view availability and prices, and book a Stay by clicking either the VRBO or AirBnb buttons
click on an image to open the gallery