Terms and Conditions for: ‘The Hide at the Vineyard’ situated at Little Waddon Vineyard, WInters Lane, Waddon, Dorset DT3 4ER, hosted by Simon and Karen Priestman, hereafter referred to below as ‘The Hide’
The terms and conditions of this document together with your booking confirmation form comprise the agreement between The Hide and all those listed on the booking form on whose behalf the group leader has signed. The contract is deemed to have been made as soon as the signed booking confirmation form is received by Karen and Simon Priestman
- The group leader is responsible on behalf of all other members of the group for all matters relating to the booking
- “The group” refers to all persons booked to stay in the accommodation. The group includes any change of names to the original booking
- If at any time prior to the stay the group leader pulls out of the booking, Wishbone must be notified either by email or phone by the original group leader and a new booking confirmation and T’s and C’s form must be signed by a new group leader and returned to the owner before embarking on the holiday
- In case of dishonoured payment the group leader will be contacted to make payment by other means, to be received by the owner within 7 days (or immediate payment if the group is due to start the holiday in less than 7 days). Failure to do this will mean automatic cancellation of the booking
- The Hide guarantees the price of the holiday as quoted at the time of booking. The Hide reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays at any time
- Cancellations must be notified to The Hide by the group leader as soon as possible in writing by the group leader. Cancellation charges will be levied as follows: more than 6 weeks before arrival date – the deposit, 4-6 weeks – 50%, 2-4 weeks – 75%, less than 2 weeks – 100%.
- Due to circumstances beyond The Hide’s control, i.e. acts of God, it may be necessary to make alterations to a confirmed booking or to cancel the booking completely. Whilst The Hide will make every effort to ensure this does not happen, if it is unavoidable The Hide will contact the group leader as soon as possible. In this instance The Hide will endeavour to make alternative arrangements for accommodation of the same value if available, or offer a full refund of any monies paid. No other compensation will be offered.
- Any loss or damage wheresoever or howsoever caused or arising by the group leader or members of the group to the property, grounds and outbuildings must be paid in full. Costs will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- It is up to the group leader to ensure that the self catered accommodation is left clean and tidy on departure. If this is not the case an additional charge for unreasonable cleaning time may be deducted from the damage deposit.
- The cash Security Deposit is held by The Hide against any damage or breakage to the property. The Security Deposit is returned to the Group Leader in cash on the day of departure
- Any damage caused to the property, grounds or outbuildings resulting in an excess over and above the damage deposit, will be payable by the group leader on behalf of the group irrespective of which person was responsible. This is to be paid to The Hide by the payment details supplied within 21 days of the group’s departure.
- The Hide has the right to terminate without notice and liability the holiday of any group member whose behaviour is such that it is likely to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday or cause damage to the property or any third party.
- It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the party is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted in respect of such items.
- It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the group has all their own necessary medical and travel insurance documents to cover themselves fully before embarking on the holiday. No responsibility is or will be accepted in respect of any such failure to insure wheresoever or howsoever arising.
- The Hide does not accept any liability wheresoever or howsoever arising or pay compensation for: a) any event which the owner could not foresee or avoid. Such events include medical pandemics, war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions and fire; b) any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever or howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, and the effect any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodation and activities; c) travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
- The Hide does not accept any liability for personal injury or death wheresoever or howsoever arising caused to any visitor and/or any member of the group for their duration of stay. This is not intended to exclude any statutory rights the group and/or visitor may have. This agreement and any proceedings thereunder are to be governed by English Law.
- A person who is not a party to this Contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Contract provided always this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from this Act.
- For safety & insurance purposes a non smoking policy is adopted throughout the buildings and the surrounding grounds. In addition, The Hide does not accept pets.
- In the unlikely event of any problems occurring during your holiday, a complaint must be made immediately to The Hide. Any complaints made after departure will not be considered.
- All descriptions on The Hide’s website are given in good faith and believed to be correct. This is in relation to all aspects including activity pricing and information.
- For the avoidance of doubt in the event of any conflict the provisions of the Terms and Conditions prevail.
Please print these for you future referal