Little Waddon Vineyard is 100% committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way
- you use our website on-line store
- you make a booking with us direct
- you make an enquiry via our website or with us direct
- if you are interested in working for us or with us
Definition of Personal Data
Personal data Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you buy our wine
- when you make a booking or an enquiry
- when you provide us with information regarding food allergies
- when you sign up to receiving our marketing or news emails
- when you visit the vineyard (via CCTV)
What type of information is collected from you, by us?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking or enquiry. We will collect this information so that we can respond to your booking or enquiry request.
When you make a booking, enquiry or buy our wine online :
We collect information such as:
- Your title
- Your name
- Your email address (so we can respond to you)
- Your home or work address for billing or delivery
- Your telephone number
- Your company name
- Your dietary preferences
- Your marketing preferences if you opt-in or opt-out of our news
- Your survey responses – if we happen to run a survey
- CCTV images are recorded and stored securely on a cloud and local hard drive at the vineyard for security purposes only
What type of information is NOT collected from you, by us?
We DO NOT collect information such as:
- Your Credit Card information. This is handled in a secure way by Stripe.com if you buy from us via our website OR by Zettle.com if you buy from us at the vineyard
- We do not collect Device Information about your computer software or hardware
- We DO NOT issue “cookies” – A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server that allows the website to recognise you if and when you re-visit.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service or because it is necessary to complete a booking, or because you have consented to our use of your personal data for instance by subscribing to emails, or because it is in our legitimate interests such as to fulfil our alcohol licence
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies when necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example delivery companies, third party service providers, third party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any point.
How and where do we store data?
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and have any inaccuracies corrected.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What happens if our business changes hands?
You have a lot of rights relating to your personal information, these are:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to ask us to delete your data
- The right to stop direct email messages
- The right to withdraw consent for any consent-based processing at any time
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you want to exercise your rights, or you have a complaint, or just have some questions, please contact us email@example.com
Changes to this statement
This policy was last updated in August 2022.